[alberg30] Trailers

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Fri Jun 9 15:23:48 PDT 2000

Sounds like a winner!  When I visit Nova Scotia this summer I must pick one
up!

Thanks :)

Scott, Mahone Bay bound, greatgrandson of Mahone Bay sailors

Jack Vanderloo wrote:

> Definition, among others: Gam: n. social intercourse among sailors at sea
> Also a great Canadian magazine that lists boat for sale in Eastern Canada,
> at prices that should make most Yanks salivate, and has great articles.
> Cheap!
> Jack
>
> Scott Wallace wrote:
>
> > Hi Bob,
> >
> > At the risk of sounding either stupid or unelightened what is gam?  Is
> > it a magazine?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > Bob Lincoln wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >         I spoke with the builder and he thinks the weight is
> > > 1700-1800 lbs.  I asked him if a Honda Accord with a
> > > 150 hp engine could pull it to Ottawa empty and he
> > > thought it could, as long as you didn't push it.  You
> > > would have to install a 2 and 5/16" ball.  I'll look
> > > for my invoices and confirm the exact price, and look
> > > at the plate this weekend.
> > >         Lake Winnipeg's average depth is around 35 feet.  The
> > > east side where the Winnipeg River drains goes down to
> > > 200 in Precambrian rock, and the narrows between the
> > > north and south basin is similar.  The bottom is clay.
> > > The west shore is limestone.  There is a seiching tide
> > > when the wind blows either from the N or S, and
> > > depending on velocity and duration can rise 1-3 feet.
> > > The 1903 chart of Lake Winnipeg was the first
> > > all-Canadian nautical chart printed and published in
> > > Canada.
> > >         I read the Gam piece and can just imagine the short
> > > chop and the close bottom.  The waves here are similar
> > > as the lake is oriented NW-SE which are the directions
> > > of the prevailing winds so things can change quickly.
> > > Bob Lincoln
> > > Indigo #590

How about a flat, no-fee long distance rate of 6.7¢ per min. -
or less? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you rates which
fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3820/8/_/476031/_/960589450/