[alberg30] polishing the hull

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Sun Jun 11 09:14:39 PDT 2000

'Getting close to re-launch, and I want to polish the hull, which is not painted. Yard wants to charge around $250-and they do great work- but I think I can do this one myself.

I have a Craftsman random-orbital polisher/buffer that I think will do the job. What should I clean the hull with and what kind of rubbing compound/fiberglass polish does the group recommend. The hull is unpainted, and looks in good shape. There is some grime and a slight oxidation build up--when I run my hand over the gelcoat I get a little white powdery residue.

Also how long will this take? And is it worth the self effort or the $250?

Thanks in advance;

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"