[alberg30] coating rudder hardware

sousa, christopher sousa_christopher at emc.com
Tue Jun 13 05:05:17 PDT 2000

Joe,

As my father mentioned, we removed the blocks from the hull and
filled/faired the surface.  The original reason for this was to facilitate
placement of our new depth transducer (which would not fit the previous
block/hole.  In the case of the blocks not being used, i would think of them
like extra propeller blades... they slow you down, but the speed difference
is probably negligible.  Besides, a knot/log transducer doesn't need to be
pointing straight down, and therefore the block just acts as a device to
help pick up weeds!

-Cheers,
Chris