[alberg30] steering wheel

sousa, christopher sousa_christopher at emc.com
Thu Jun 15 04:55:46 PDT 2000

There are two issues that are immediately apparent when thinking about wheel
steering for the Alberg 30.  These are the fact that the rudderpost is at
such a sharp angle, and the room required for the blocks below decks is just
not there.  Everything is extrememly squished together, making for difficult
installation and maintenance.  The other issue is that it severely limits
your cockpit space. The positive aspects are that you can have all your
engine controls and electronics right in front of you, rather then spread
out around the cockpit.

-chris Sousa
Carina Vela