[alberg30] outboard engines

sousa, christopher sousa_christopher at emc.com
Thu Jun 22 13:32:02 PDT 2000

i would have to agree with Lee on this one.  When we owned an O'Day 22, we
had a transom mounted Evinrude with a long shaft.  There was always the
issue that when we got into a 2 foot swell, the prop would pop out of the
water, even with the long shaft.  It was a lot more drag then a fixed
inboard prop, and was a pain the the arse to start.  After sailing with an
outboard for 6 years, having a diesel where all we had to do was turn the
key and push a button was great.  Besides, if you are only going to be doing
short distance coastal cruising, then the need for that much storage space
really isn't that much of a concern... the alberg already has cavernous
lockers.

Just my three, or four cents.

-Chris
"Carina Vela"