[alberg30] Transducer Mounting

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Sat Jun 24 20:03:38 PDT 2000

I actually have a small 4"X6" box fiberglassed into the hull at the forward end of the port berth.. It has a wooden lid, sealed with goop, and a hole in the top where the transducer mounts shimmed to be vertical. I put the Nexus transducer in (made the hole bigger), resealed it and filled it with fresh water (has a small filler hole in the top as well). Maybe I'll add a little of that pink anti-freeze in the fall. Works fine. Completely accurate from shallow to deeep as compared to other boats I sail with who have various brands.
Alan
Andante #152

re the motor discussion: if you have a smooth running 4 cylinder gas engine, you have the benfits of a diesel and an outboard. Smooth, quiet, powerful, not smelly, etc.

On 6/23/2000 at 2:18 PM rap1208 at aol.com wrote:

>Bill, yes that is what I called a "water box"  up hear in the north we use
>mineral oil so it doesn't freeze.  I don't remember the exact type of
>transducer.  It came stock with the Datamarine...perhaps it was a thru hull
>type.  It just has to fit in your pvc or fiberrglass tube
>Riss

>Was the salesman clueless? Productopia has the answers.

GIVE YOUR WIFE A BREAK! Lowest prices on maids, lawn care, carpet
cleaning, painting and remodeling services in your area at our new FREE website.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5744/10/_/476031/_/961902399/