[alberg30] Trailers

Jack Vanderloo jvdloo at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 9 11:40:59 PDT 2000

Bob,
    Thanks for the details on the trailer, but, excusing my ignorance -
why such a large ball for an empty haul?  A price and weight
confirmation would be appreciated.
    I think the expense of having to pay to haul Aldabi back to Georgian
Bay and the North Channel this year will be the determinant for making
the expenditure.
    Now, why do I get the feeling you're a geologist at UofM?  Thanks
for setting me straight; don't recall where I'd heard about a 12'
average depth.  This business of short chop does remind me of a chap I
met in Tobermory; had done the Port Huron to Mackinaw race some 22 years
in a row and used to delight in watching Eastern seaboard sailors roll
in thinking they'd just whump these fresh-water guys and then invariably
get snookered by the short seas.  From the sounds of it, would  have to
make sailors on Lake Winnipeg master mariners!
Cheers
Jack