[alberg30] soldering

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat Mar 4 22:50:13 PST 2000

From: Gordon White <gewhite at crosslink.net>

   A word of warning: I assembled a wiring panel years ago, using solder. It seemed much more secure to me than crimped terminals, however, even using the best rosin core solder and knowing how to do it, it
was not a success. A solder joint is much less flexible than a crimped one and where wires were not extremely rigidly supported, the inherent movement of the boat led to cracking & separation. I had "touched
up" crimped joints with solder and they cracked and broke. Also, rosin flux in a salt air environment tended to corrode.
    I use tinned wire, but I use crimped terminals.

                        - Gordon White A-275

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/936/4/_/476031/_/952257168/