[alberg30] Things that suck-damaged idle jet

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Tue Mar 14 16:31:40 PST 2000

Top of my list of things that suck:

I nearly destroyed the idle screw on the carburetor for my A4. Perhaps thats why there's the nice little note on the rebuild instructions: Note: the idle screw is very easily damaged. It is much better to leave it in that destroy it trying to remove it....

I say nearly destroyed, because the remains are now smeared somewhere inside the carburetor and refuse to come out of the hole. If I had in fact destroyed it, I could just put in the new one that comes with the rebuild kit, I suppose.

Does anyone have a way to get the rest of the jet out, or did I just buy a new carburetor?

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"