[alberg30] Lock the companionway

finnus505 at aol.com finnus505 at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 08:33:01 PST 2000

From: finnus505 at aol.com

Hey gang,
Stargazer, #255, came to me with disastrous hatch covers, that all had to be
rebuilt or replaced.
the main companionway was locked with a bronze, permanently fixed 'hasp' that
was attached to the slide, and slipped through a slot in the top drop in
board when you slid the hatch back to close it.  However, when the hatch was
slid forward to open it, this non-hinging hasp just stood out, in the ready-
to-slide-into-the-drop-board position, and I could see that if someone was
bounced a little forward while going down the companionway, they could really
get hurt by this protrusion.
Any one changed the system of locking the main hatch to a safer, but just as
easy, one?
thx,
Lee

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/936/5/_/476031/_/953483588/