[alberg30] water leaks

rap1208 at aol.com rap1208 at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 22:08:25 PST 2000

From: rap1208 at aol.com

John,  I had the same problem with leakage around the starboard chainplates,
into the locker.  My caulk looked ok, topside, but I removed it all, as well
as I could, and used Liquid Life caulk.    It is much thinner than the
regular stuff,and will find cracks and fill them.  Try putting some in, then
the next day put more in, until it stays level from outside.  This solved the
leakage problem for me.  If you really want a 'finished' look,   make up some
bronze plates to fit over, and around the chainplates.  They can be attached
with a good caulk, so they might be removed easely in the future.

Russ Pfeiffer

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as 0.0%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/937/4/_/476031/_/952322909/