[alberg30] Teak Drop Board

Robert Kirk kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 16 09:32:21 PST 2000

From: Robert Kirk <kirk at neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov>

At 09:47 AM 3/15/00 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Charles Haggart" <chaggart at sympatico.ca>
>
>  I am rebuilding my drop board. Does anyone have the original design specs?
>I believe it was solid teak with a louvered vent.
>
>Charles Haggart #150

My setup was probably the same as yours, originally, since our numbers are
so close.  Mine is two piece: the lower section frame & panel, with teak
plywood panel, and the upper section with louvers in place of panel.  I
refinished the bottom and built a new louvered upper section last year.
Careful sanding the teak panel; the veneer is very thin.  I also had to
build new wooden frames around the companionway hatch for the boards to
drop in.  It was tough carpentry since nothing was plumb or perpendicular
and the louvers were complex.  I made  temporary ones out of 3/4 scrap
plywood while I worked on the good ones at home. (I work slow.)

I'll measure the temporary plywood ones in the cellar tonight and email you
the dimensions. If I remember, both sections are dimensionally the same and
the tops & bottoms are cut at ~ 20 degrees. The angle  between the two
boards is optional, but I used 45 degrees.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181

as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/975/4/_/476031/_/953227801/