[alberg30] leading lines aft

Michael Grosh mgrosh at shore.intercom.net
Thu Mar 2 10:45:05 PST 2000

Hi Joe

Checkmate has jib & spinnaker halyds on the same side leading aft so as to share the same winch. The spinnaker pole lines are also led aft to the other side for a total of 4 lines led aft. At one time the mainsheet was led to the cabin top. I removed that, but the winch is still there-unused. I don't see much point in leading the main halyd aft(though it would be easy, in my case), because I have to fool with the topping lift, the outhaul(mine's led forward inside the boom), The boom downhaul,and whatever that line is called that sucks the bottom part of the main closer to the mast because my antique main is cut to match my antique roller furler mechanism.:)

Anyway, The jib halyard led aft is great. If I could just remember to rig a downhaul for it before the time where I would like to use it, life would be good.

Michael