[alberg30] Happy!

Gord Laco gord at transatmarine.com
Tue May 16 08:15:08 PDT 2000

Hello Gang,

I need some-one to share my joy with who will appreciate my triumph.

Last week my Atomic 4 began drooling both water and gasoline into the drip pan.  Local "experts" advised me that I had obviously not winterized correctly - the water being indication of a cracked block; and that the carb was shot - indicated by the gas.

Last night I got into "the position" and took the carb off.  (I've got an MGB... and figured this carb couldn't be more horrible than that one)   There was nothing wrong with the exception of a lot of goo, which I cleaned out - the leak is now solved.  Trouble was the float was stuck by gunk, causing the bowl to overflow.

In the process of putting the carb back on and feeling around for the gas leak... I found that there was WATER on the carb side of the engine.   I felt upwards, and found the wetness dissappeared under the manifold.   Then I noticed that the hose crossing the top of the block looked wonky... and sure 'nuf, it had a crack in its underside.  I never saw the source of the water before because the hot manifold dryed it up quickly.  No cracked block... no shot carb... long faces among the dockside vultures.

Gord
KC426 Surprise