[alberg30] Boat Wanted / Recognize this transom?

rap1208 at aol.com rap1208 at aol.com
Mon May 1 02:30:15 PDT 2000

Dan, this looks like a A 30 to me, but it looks like the boom has been
shortened and converted to mid boom sheeting.  In my opinion, not a smart
move.  is that big dent in the forward side just a glitch in the photo, or
does the boat have a big dent in ut?

The coamings and cleats look about right, and you can add a winch pad, (I've
done that)  but the shortened boom, and mid boom sheeting,...don't like that
at all.
 I've seen an old Alberg in my yard, that has had the boom shortened,
converted to a desiel, floorboards ripped up to put the desiel tank under the
sole,  where the smell permeates the boat... people can, and do, all sorts of
things to this boat.  If you've read these pages long, you have seen all the
projects that are going on.  Looks like an old schaefer rollerfurling on the
front.   Talk to the owner, get information, and considering all the changes
see if it's what you want.  (In my opinion, mid boom sheeting sucks.  its
always in the way, and has a lot less purchase, making it harder to trim the
sails)   Then, consider a cheap offer.  Oh, and about that outboard bracket
on the stern.....does the engine not work?    Make that a real cheap offer.

Russ Pfeiffer     Ca Va

GET WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE FREE!  GET THE OFFICIAL COMPANION
TO TELEVISION'S HOTTEST GAME SHOW PHENOMENON PLUS 5 MORE BOOKS FOR
$2.  Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3014/5/_/476031/_/957173428/