[alberg30] Stuffing Box Hose

Anne annes at chesapeake.net
Sat May 20 20:37:42 PDT 2000

We are in the process of replacing the prop shaft and need to know a source
for the rubber stuffing box hose. My measurements as well as others'
indicate that this hose should have an inner diameter of 1 3/8". However,
this appears to be a non-standard size and we are having difficulty locating
a supplier. It appears that the only other options are to use 1 3/8"
diameter exhaust hose or the packless prop shaft seal.

Also, any recommendations on caulk? Should we use the more permanent 5200 or
the more easily (in the future) removed 4200 3M caulk?  How hard is it
remove 5200?
Thanks

Anne and Brent
Macinda

Save 75% on Products!
Find incredible deals on overstocked items with Free shipping!
http://click.egroups.com/1/4013/8/_/476031/_/958879988/