[alberg30] bilge pump

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun May 21 04:15:53 PDT 2000

   For what it's worth, I installed an electric pump in the lowest part
of the bilge in front of the engine with a hose leading to a two-gallon
plastic bottle of the sort bulk motor oil used to come in, installed in
the starboard cockpit locker. I use that when there is any chance of
pumping out a little oily water. Keeps me legal with USCG. I also
installed a Whale type pump with the (removable) lever in the cockpit
and its exhaust hose run to an above-water through-hull under the
counter aft. It has a check valve in the line in case the outlet gets
submerged so I don't take water in. I am planning to install a third
automatic electric pump with its own thru-hull for occasions when I have
to leave the boat for any extended period. The check valve is important
in any thru-hull outlet. I don't think the cockpit drains (submerged on
my boat) or the exhaust are good places for bilge outlets.

                - Gordon White

72% off on Name brand Watches!
Come and buy today and get free shipping!
http://click.egroups.com/1/4011/8/_/476031/_/958907682/