[alberg30] Exhaust - Muffler

Lincoln Finkenberg LFinkenberg at emmetmarvin.com
Tue May 30 09:29:27 PDT 2000

  I've pulled out the dry exhaust and now wish to install a wet
exhaust.  The new muffler is currently fastened behind the manifold
about 4-6 inches to the port side, which puts it event to slightly
above the manifold.  It looks like a 90 degree elbow has to go from
the manifold to send the exhaust up and above the muffler and then
another 90 degree elbow to send the exhaust horizontal and then
another 90 degree riser/elbow to send the exhaust down, this last
elbow would catch the water and cool the exhaust and send it to the
muffler. The idea with all the elbows is to get the riser high enough
to make sure the water does not run backward into the engine.  I
believe the muffler is waterlocked so logic would dictate it should
be the lowest point between it and the riser, as well as there being
no low points in the hose that runs from the riser to the muffler.

  It looks like the horizontal riser, which will be hot, will get
real close to the top of the engine compartment or right up against
it and all this metal piping to get the water to flow down seems to
take away from the concept of a water cooled exhaust (at least one
that cools the exhaust right as it exits the manifold, presumably the
safest).  Is there a way to get the muffler low enough and attach the
rider direclty to the manifold and from there run a hose to the
muffler?  I'd also take anyones 2 cents or 100 dollar bills for that
matter.

  Thanks for the info on the gas tank, installed an 11 gallon tank
(approx 10'x 18' x 24') and vented it out the transom.

   Lincoln
   Gypsy #138

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/8/_/476031/_/959704274/