[alberg30] Fwd: Grey marine engine- '63-'65

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Sun May 7 18:07:11 PDT 2000

John,

What are the symptoms when you try to start the engine?  Does it
turn over ok?  Are you getting a spark?  Was the engine stored
with fuel in the carb?  If so, the carb is likely gunked up and
in need of a cleaning.

 - George

sau246 at webtv.net wrote:

> Subject: Grey marine engine- '63-'65
> Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 13:00:19 -0400 (EDT)
> From: SAU246 at webtv.net (marie sauerwald)
> To: alberg30 at onelist.com
>
>   I own an Alberg 30 #39 & am attempting to restart it's engine that has
> not been started in 3 years.  Can now sail away from & into our slip
> with minimal scapes & bruises & explatives. Any hints, advise, thoughts,
> suggestions(eg. repower with a 2-cylinder dsl.) would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> John W. Sauerwald

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
experiments.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4051/8/_/476031/_/958007334/