[alberg30] Rudder Removal

Joyce Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Mon May 15 10:32:26 PDT 2000

Guy,
Since you have to get a good 2 feet of rudder post out of the hull in order to fully remove the rudder, it is necessary to remove the prop and shaft (unless you have enough room to pull it into the engine compartment a few inches).  it is a lot easier to remove if you can get the boat in some slings... ours was on jack stands and we had to dig an angled 3 foot hole under the keel... it wasn't fun!

Good luck,
Chris Sousa