[alberg30] Happy!

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Wed May 17 05:56:38 PDT 2000

Russ... Ifound that same pin hole in the bottum of my carb in 1998. I put
some putty-epoxy in it and moved on. I still wounder how that tiny hole got
there.
Greg

----------
>From: rap1208 at aol.com
>To: alberg30 at egroups.com
>Subject: Re: [alberg30] Happy!
>Date: Tue, May 16, 2000, 2:16 PM
>

> Gord...good a problem solver!  Hey the MG variable venturi SU carb is simple,
> once you understand how it works, and can be adjusted very easily.  I t is
> easier to get at also.  You did a great job.  Its a good idea to check the
> filter bowl on the carb.  I had a pinhole leak on mine last summer that
> drained 10 gallons of gas into the bilge.  A new one cost $85, believe it or
> not.  I also found a used spare for $5 bucks at a salvage store. you couldn't
> even see the hole unless you held it up to the light.
>
> What a mess to clean up, not to mention the danger.  Just something else to
> check.  My boat was built in late 67, I am told.
>
> Russ Pfeiffer

Would you like to save big on your phone bill -- and keep on saving
more each month? Join beMANY! Our huge buying group gives you Long Distance
rates which fall monthly, plus an extra $60 in FREE calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2567/8/_/476031/_/958567409/