[alberg30] Blue Water White Knuckles

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Wed May 3 19:17:07 PDT 2000

George:You're probably right about putting up some main sail in rough
water to keep the boat from rocking so hard .I had buried the deck under
water several times already and thought about the effects of waves and
wind together how much she would have heeled.Not being an old timer with
sail boats and not enough sea way to ride out a lenghty blow,my best
option was go for the pass even with a rough ride.I don't believe I'm
rigged up properly for quick reefing of the main,and so am kind of
hesitant to try reefing.My main's "slides"?come down and stack up,and
the reefing grommet is much too high to hook onto the reefing hook,sail
shape really bad.Should I let those slides comes off the mast at bottom
at the clip that permits removal of main sail from mast.Another thing I
believe my outhaul line is too short,tried to reef once and had to add
some line to reach cleat once grommet and sheave were threaded.Hey there
isn't a marina full of sailboats around me,but were doing ok.My #1
objective is to enjoy ourselves and not scare the wife half to death,if
she decides she's not going sailing anymore,the boats for sale.But she's
a good first mate,we use to fish tarpon in twin screw power boats that
could run in ahead of bad weather.We'll keep to inside waters as long as
she's on board.But George believe me I'll keep in mind what you
said,cause if you go out on the water,you're gonna get caught in bad
weather, even in inland bays and lakes can get rough quick.Thanks
Dick "High Spirits"#191 Galliano,La.

http://click.egroups.com/1/3555/5/_/476031/_/957406288/