[alberg30] Mast support beam

Rabbit649 at AOL.com Rabbit649 at AOL.com
Sun May 21 00:30:10 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/20/00 2:57:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sutherlandt at prodigy.net writes:

> Paul .... I was of the impression that "White Oak" did very well in the
>  area of rot resistance. I would definitely agree with you on Red Oak and
>  some of the others.
>
>  I would be interested in any other discussion on "White Oak" which is
>  also praised for it's strait grain and superior strength.
>
>  Tom S
>  A30  #412
>  InCahoots
You are right about the grain and stregnth, but from what everybody for years
has been telling me (see Charles Haggart "white oak" message), no good on the
rot. And, although it's better than green oak or pin oak for fiberglassing,
it shares with all oak a certain acid which eventually de-bonds fiberglassing.

72% off on Name brand Watches!
Come and buy today and get free shipping!
http://click.egroups.com/1/4011/8/_/476031/_/958894217/