[alberg30] Stern Casting

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Tue May 23 15:54:14 PDT 2000

Clever set-up. Thanks George.

Whoever did some previous work, installed a threaded SS stud in the glass or
it could be a bolt installed from inside the hull for the upper casting
hole. This means the upper portion of the casting fastens with a nut and the
lower one with a hexagon head bronze screw. So I can't unscrew the stern
casting because of the stud / bolt.

 If it is just a glassed in (or whatever) stud, I'll try locking 2 nuts
together on it, and then using a wrench unscrew it to see if the stud comes
out. Anyhow, I'll figure out something.

BTW, this list is great. One week ago I did not know a single thing about
stern tubes, stern castings, stuffing boxes, etc. Thanks to everyone.

Guy