[alberg30] Stern Casting

miabarchet at aol.com miabarchet at aol.com
Tue May 23 20:09:47 PDT 2000

Guy,
The stern casting unscrews fairly easily from the shaft tube, but since I
believe its bedded in caulk you want to keep it from turning by holding from
inside the boat with a pipe wrench. I was able to do this myself by wedging
the wrench with a tapperd shim. I reveresd the wrench when I installed  the
casting. Also, one piece of advice I got from the A30 list was to mark the
top of the casting and count the number ofturns to unsrew the casting.

Jim Allocco
Barchetta Mia #565

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/8/_/476031/_/959137798/