[alberg30] advice on system problem,please

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Tue May 23 22:50:32 PDT 2000

 I need your help.  Some of you seem to have a depth of technical knowledge of
computers that matches your Alberg technical knowledge.

Today I  apparently sent  an attachment with a filename.doc which
changed at the recipient's end to this: filename16245DEFANGED-doc.

Similarly, received an expected file with its name altered in the same
manner.  Scanned it before opening.

Symantec updated to May 23 did not detect any virus.  The recipient said the file
was infected, but could not identify the problem.

Have you seen this, and can you recommend a fix if one is required,
please.

Marianne King-Wilson

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/8/_/476031/_/959147440/