[alberg30] Try to avoid this

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Thu May 25 15:04:35 PDT 2000

Dan,

When storing the boat on land, I like to disconnect the engine
intake hose and leave that seacock open.  That limits the depth
of any water.

My boat was in the water this winter.  We had a heavy snow followed
by a rain.  The snow funneled the rain down the ventilators and
covered the batteries.  Fortunately the batteries were gelcells
and weren't damaged, though discharged.  I was lucky this time.
My only damages were one battery cable eaten by electrolysis and
some muddy bilge compartments.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/