[alberg30] Chlorination of Ship's Fresh Water

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Sun May 28 15:31:07 PDT 2000

Hello, Jack!
The test at the tap is as simple and cheap as a litmus, but I don't have the
details yet.  However, even fewer than 5 PPM residual chlorine seems to be
sufficient.  Apparently as little as 2 PPM of residual chlorine would show that
your entire system is clean. With sensitive testing equipment, 1.5 to 1.8 PPM of
residual chlorine at the tap is proof that bacteria are gone.
When business resumes, I should have the details.

Marianne

Jack Vanderloo wrote:

> Thanks to all for the advice on chlorinating the ship's water.  Hope to hear
> from Marianne what the 'test at the tap' comprises (and hope it is cheap).

Missing old school friends?  Find them here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/4055/8/_/476031/_/959553072/