[Alberg30] removing an atomic 4

alberg30 alberg30 at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 6 20:52:33 PST 2000

While in the process of reparing of my Atomic 4 I decided to remove it from the boat, and have it totally rebuilt.

I have disconnected:

exhaust flange
shaft coupling
all electrical wiring
raw water hose intake
fuel line
and the four engine mounts

The four engine mounts appear to be bolted w/ lag bolts to the engine bed. The front mounts have two bolts each, the aft mounts have one bolt each.

So now I try to move the engine and it won't budge.  What have I forgotten? I can see nothing else holding it in place, except 30 years of rust and crud. Maybe its "stuck."  I realize its 320lb, but I should be able to "rock" it a little. Any ideas?

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"