[Alberg30] Vote for return to eGroups

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Thu Nov 16 07:24:01 PST 2000

  | Visit the incipient Alberg 30 Online Store |
  |      http://www.alberg30.org/store/        |
Paul,

I haven't shut down the egroups lists, yet.  You're welcome to use
that if you want.  However, other than some problems in October,
I don't think this list has been unreliable.

This list also doesn't have server-side banner ads and web bugs
that let the advertiser know when you read your email.  This list
is also not going through a change in ownership every few months.
I also like the fact that this list is powered by open-source
software that gives me more flexibility to tailor it to our needs.

The messages of this list are available online.  If you notice the
trailer added to every message (though not always accessible when
people send HTML email), there's a URL for the list information page.
That page has a link to the list archives,
   http://www.alberg30.org/pipermail/public-list/
where you can read the messages by thread, subject, author or date.
Personally, I find the pipermail format much more useful than
what eGroups uses.  Their "view by thread" lumps in all the messages
since the start of the list, though you get there by choosing a
particular month.

Neither of these lists generate traffic if no one posts a message,
however.  This list has been quiet many days, recently.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.                         NEW URL => http://www.Alberg30.org/