[Alberg30] Alberg30 Winterizing

Brian Zinser BZinser at NMU.EDU
Mon Nov 20 06:53:52 PST 2000

Alberg30 WinterizingI know I live in an area where real estate values are
low but after several years of storing outside trying to cover with tarps, I
finally got a trailer which has given many more storage options.  I have
been storing inside for the last 3 years and will never go back to outside
storage.  On my trailer, I need a 13ft door to get inside.  Even in this
small town where I am located, I had about a half dozen options ranging from
$30 to $60 per month.  Once you store inside, you'll never revert to outdoor
storage again.

Brian Zinser
#134 Manana
  -----Original Message-----
  From: public-list-admin at alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-admin at alberg30.org]On Behalf Of John Bailey
  Sent: Friday, November 17, 2000 9:41 PM
  To: public-list at alberg30.org
  Subject: Re: [Alberg30] Alberg30 Winterizing

  My first year with "Zevulun" I bought three big plastic tarps at the local
hardware.  I spent $65 and only covered the boat from the mast aft.  While
it did the job, the tarps are now worthless and I feel fortunate that they
stayed on the boat.  This year I borrowed a heat gun and spent $75 to
shrink-wrap the entire boat.  It is much better.  The $75 included a $13
dollar door I can reuse.  Thus, in the long run I will save money and get
better results.  Next year a group of us are going to buy a heat gun and buy
shrink-wrap bulk and save more money.  I think it's the way to go.

  John Bailey
  "Zevulun"  #33