[alberg30] Digest Number 743

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Mon Nov 27 17:09:26 PST 2000

Peter,

The water tank has an aluminum lid held on with pop-rivets.  Over time,
these begin to leak.  The best thing is to take off the old lid and
coat the inside of it with epoxy or replace it with something
non-aluminum.
Then re-bed it and fasten it with self-tapping screws instead of rivets.
There are some articles about this in the Maintenance Manual.

and join the new mailing list, too.

 - George

GFREESPIRIT at aol.com wrote:

> Hi  I  have  a problem  with  my  water tank I  know  it  leaks  a  bit  and
> accumulates at  the  bottomaft of  tank just  inside of the floor.  Does  any
>  one know  how to  access the  inside  ?? and if  so  where should  i  drill
>  the  cut out ??a  round  screw type  lid  would  be  good... please  som
> input  on  this  delicate  problem  sail # is 271  ....any  suggestions ??
> best regards
> Peter

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/4/_/476031/_/975373740/