[Alberg30] Winterizing

T. Kevin Blanc tkevinblanc at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 17:38:52 PST 2000

  | Visit the incipient Alberg 30 Online Store |
  |      http://www.alberg30.org/store/        |
At most marine stores you can buy engine antifreeze
that is made with Propylene Glycol, rather than
polypropylene glycol (forgive me if I don't have this
just so). It is much, much less toxic. I believe there
was/is a brand of antifreeze called Safer made for
autos that is of the same environmentally safe
formulation.

The difference between this and normal antifreeze is a
few dollars and a order of magnitude difference in
toxicity.

I have a gasoline engine. I fog the cylinders with
fogging oil. I first choke the engine to a stop by
spraying it into the intake to coat the insides. Then
I remove each spark plug and spray it in. This
requires some timing with the intake hose in the
bucket of antifreeze...

And, of course, top off the gas and use Stabil or
another brand of stabilizer. Then I spray the block
and electronics with a corrosion inihibiting spray
(also, apparently environmentally safe).