[Alberg30] Alcohol Stove

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 11:15:22 PDT 2000

  | Wow! Save big bucks through October 31 at Sailnet's online store. |
  | Go to http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066   |
  | and use the e-coupon code APMK18                                  |

RE mpdofying the Forespar mini-galey.  The rubber seals tend to wear out, and
leak.  I  used a small "mountain stove"  available at a sports outlet.  It's
less than $20 .  You need to take off the pot supports, and straignten them
out.  Use a dremmel cut off wheel to cut the old Mini galley supports.  Throw
them away.  Bend the new brackets to fit the minigalley and hold the propane
tank.  They are a softer metal, so its not hard to bend.  It works fine, hot,
controllable and easy to use.  Always change tanks outside, even with this.
My Kenyon burns HOT, I must have it adjusted just right.  It does take a
little trial and error with the air mixture.  Also a new burner does need a
little 'breaking in' before works its best.  Homestrand says that it doesn't,
but admits it will get better with use .  I would NEVER put a gasoline, or
Coleman fuel, stove below decks....not even in the cockpit.

Russ Pfeiffer,  Ca Va