[alberg30] teak

Gregg Rennie grennie at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 25 19:03:05 PDT 2000

If your hardwood supplier has Iroko (African Teak) it handles and finishes
well and looks just like the original teak on Yankee Star.  It also seems to
hold up very well and is 1/3 to 1/2 the price of real teak. The last time I
bought some, it was $5.50 per bd/ft in northern VA.  I've replaced almost
all of the teak on Yankee Star (except the toe rails) and it looks great.

Bill Ydel wrote:

> I am in the process of building new companion way boards. The local
> (Charlotte, NC) hardwood place only has 1" rough cut boards for
> $18.90 per bd/ft. I am looking for 5 quarter stock so I can finish to
> a full 1". I am planning on making the bottom board solid about 8"
> and building 2 frames for the top, one to have smoked Lexan and the
> other screen.
> Any leads on Teak would be appreciated.   THANKS
>
> Bill Ydel
> SallyB

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/10/_/476031/_/972525891/