[Alberg30] Woodwork

dickdurk dickdurk at intercom.net
Mon Oct 30 09:52:54 PST 2000

  | This is it!  Monday October 31 is the last day. Quick, right now! |
  | Go to http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066   |
  | and use the e-coupon code APMK18 for your discount.               |
Bob;

Thanks for the Oxalic acid info-that's what I'll do-I already have the
varnish stripped off.
I'm pretty sure my tiller is original, circa 1967. It is not a laminate, and
has only one curve in it. total length 45" Maximum cord (if that is the
right geomety term) of the curve about 2".
The spreaders on Checkmate have been replaced several times. I had to
replace one where white oak wasn't available and used red oak. So I have one
white oak spreader at about 28 years old, and a red oak one at about 20 yrs.
I have just stripped the varnish off them also; both woods are doing well. I
used a jig saw and a hand plane and am pleased with the result-although the
more power tools available, the better :)

Michael
Checkmate #220