[Alberg30] Wheel Steering Retrofit.

John Bailey baileyje at voyager.net
Tue Oct 31 18:08:26 PST 2000

  +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
  | The BT Global Challenge, a round-the-world race of matched boats sailing against the    |
  | prevailing winds, left Boston October 15 for Buenos Aires.  Check it out, online, at    |
  | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860&siteid=32743498&bfpage=bt_challenge |
  +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Phil,

For what it's worth when I bought my Alberg 30 tow summers ago the first
project I was going to tackle was to put in a steering wheel.  I was knew to
sailing and I felt I had to satisfy my minds picture of myself behind the
wheel of my sailing vessel.  Now, after sailing just two seasons, I don't
even think about a wheel and would get rid of a wheel and put a tiller on
any boat I bought.  The feel of control and feedback from the elements is
exhilarating.

John Bailey
"Zevulun" #33