[alberg30] Re:Head hand pump

Hugh Freebairn hughfree at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 15 15:23:41 PDT 2000

I rebuilt my head hand pump.  I just went to Home Depot and found the
appropriate sized rubber plunger replacement.

Hugh Freebairn
A30 "Aliage"

>From: alberg30 at egroups.com
>To: alberg30 at egroups.com
>Subject: [alberg30] Digest Number 724
>Date: 15 Oct 2000 07:16:50 -0000
>

>There are 2 messages in this issue.
>
>Topics in this digest:
>
>       1. Re: Re:  waste holding tank
>            From: Bob Johns <rjohns3 at optonline.net>
>       2. Re: Re:  waste holding tank
>            From: Mpete53 at aol.com

>Message: 1
>    Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 16:35:50 -0400
>    From: Bob Johns <rjohns3 at optonline.net>
>Subject: Re: Re:  waste holding tank
>
> >Thanks so much for the information.  I would appreciate the name of that
>foot
> >pump for the basin in the head.  The basin is in fairly good condition to
>be
> >34 years old and I could keep that but I have to resolve the water
>problem.
>
>Lorelei,
>
>The foot pump is a small Whale pump.  I  have it mounted under the toilet
>platform supported by two one quarter inch by one inch aluminum bars. The
>pump is mounted as far aft as possible with the pump pedal almost touching
>the folded doors. The aluminum bars allow the pump to be mounted inboard
>enough to just clear the hull. The bars provide a way to secure the bolts
>that are inboard of the toilet Platform. With the folding doors in the
>folded position the foot pedal projects about three inches inboard of the
>doors.
>
>I converted the hand pump to only a swiveling spout by removing the plunger
>and handle and plugging the hole remaining with a bolt.
>
>Good Luck,
>	Bob Johns, Wind CAll, #397

>Message: 2
>    Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 21:35:09 EDT
>    From: Mpete53 at aol.com
>Subject: Re: Re:  waste holding tank
>
>Lorelei,
>
>Just a thought. Usually the only thing that goes on this kind of pump is
>the
>leather cup on the end of the piston. I know that there are places that
>sell
>pump leathers on the Internet I went looking for some a while ago. I was
>thinking of making a big hand bilge pump. I never ordered any but there
>were
>all sorts of sizes out there.
>
>Mark

http://profiles.msn.com.

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Dial 1-800-555-TELL, say "Phone Booth"
http://click.egroups.com/1/9532/10/_/476031/_/971648623/