[alberg30] address

Gord Laco gord at transatmarine.com
Tue Sep 19 07:40:10 PDT 2000

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9068/10/_/476031/_/969373789/

Hello Gang -

I'm a little depressed.  Just got my ass kicked in our Club's annual fall
series regatta... wind was 20-25 knots.  Upwind, poor old Surprise KC426
lacked the stiffness to carry enough sail to keep  up with the competition,
she just lay down and slid away to leeward. After we shortened sail as far
as we could, she got left behind both due to lack of speed and inablility to
point.   My previous boat was a Danish built Folkboat whose best feature was
her ability to carry sail in a blow while out pointing nearly anything on
the water.  I missed her on Saturday.

Has anyone tried a tall narrow 100% jib racing in heavy air?  I'm thinking
that if I can make her point I could live with the loss of power a smaller
sail would involve.

Gord
KC426 Surprise