[Alberg30] Re: Fibergalss Work

Bruce Johnson johnson at gyfb.com
Fri Apr 13 10:27:51 PDT 2001

I  have an Alberg 30, #677 (I think), Merinaut . First I would like to re-join the Club. Was a member a number of years ago, but had no time to use boat or come to events. Fortunately, things have changed. Boat needs fiberglass work. Rear stern deck (poop-deck?) is spongy as is cockpit floor. I would love to hire a club member to do work, or get a recommendation from members. I know it is going to cost more then is probably justified by boat value, but I love the boat and feel I owe it to the boat. Besides I intend to keep it  for a long time. Will also need electrical work. Boat is now out of water at Herrington Harbor North. Woodworking is being done there now, but I will be looking for new home  when boat goes in water probably in  May. HHN will only allow people with a ridiculously high bond to work on boats at there facility (this requirement of course is to give their over- priced trade  tenants the work- one of the reasons I am leaving).   Any help is greatly apprecia!
ted.

Bruce Johnson

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |