[Alberg30] Jack lines?

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Sun Apr 29 13:52:58 PDT 2001

Greetings,
    On the "new" A30 I acquired (#3067249) I plan to add jack lines for use
with a safety harness and tether.  Does anyone have thoughts about where to
locate the jack lines?  I'm assuming flat nylon webbing running from pad
eyes would be the way to go-- down the center/near center from near the
companion way to the mast, and then to the bow?  Better to have just one
line with no breaks?

    Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  I just want to be sure I
stay on board when sailing solo, and not hanging over the life lines because
the jacklines stretched out in the middle of their span.

    By the by, I'll be trucking this boat to Tacoma, WA. from Astoria, OR,
in the next weeks.  I actually saw another A-30 sitting on a truck trailer
in Tacoma yesterday.  Thought it was mine, at first!

    Cheers,

Randy Katz
Gr. 3
Bertschi School
2227 - 10th Ave E.
Seattle, WA. 98102
USA
206-324-5476 X301

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |