[Alberg30] Front hatch lost

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Tue Apr 3 18:48:40 PDT 2001

Fritz,

Too bad this didn't happen a few years ago, when Bruce Rankin
was still making hatches.  It might be tough to find someone
who wants to take the hatch off for awhile, but there are
probably plenty of people who'll let you come take measurements.

 - George

Fritz wrote:

> I wish I had a better story, but it was lost due to neglect. :( It has
> needed replacement for a while and in the winter it fell apart. The lower
> part of the rear of the hatch detached when I hit my head against it with
> a fair bit of force. After the cursing, I realized that the hinge was
> where it should be, but the rest was near the port rail. So not having
> alot of desire to fix the hatch in the middle of winter, it was put back
> in place and tied down with a bit of rope. Thought it would last till
> spring. Big error. :( It got blown off in one of those late winter storms
> and is at the bottom of Whitehall marina. I wish I could tell ya'll that
> it came off when it got wrapped in the spinaker lines or something
> dramatic like that, but I've got enough interesting true stories to tell
> and making up fish tales isn't my thing. ;) Anyways, there is still a
> moral to this story; you can't be lazy when you own an Alberg for it may
> not be there when you next return. :)
>
> -Fritz Finley
> Backfin #199

 | Rough conditions in the Southern Ocean. Read about the brutal challenges. |
 | http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=22673860=32743498=bt_challenge |