[Alberg30] Acetylene Brazing

Schuylkill schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Fri Apr 13 06:50:48 PDT 2001

acethylene becomes unstable (ie explosive) when compressed past a certain point.
you don't want it to go much past 7-10 psi. hoses should be purged before
lighting the torch. Valves need to be opened in proper sequence to minimize
danger of high pressure oxygen back filling to the acethylene.

I think you are close to really needing someone knowledgeable 'take you by the
hand' and physically demonstrate. I've seen safety films of these setups blowing
up all by themselves-although, granted its when various safety features have
failed.

Michael
Checkmate #220

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |