[Alberg30] A30 Questions?

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Fri Apr 20 12:31:08 PDT 2001

> Bob Crinion said:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Is there anyway to tell which year an A30 was built based on serial number?

There have been some variations over the years, but generally the
numbers follow the pattern seen at
http://www.alberg30.org/store/BuildersPlate.html
In that example, the number 3075584 indicates a 30 foot
boat, built in 1975, hull number 584.

> Where is the Hull plate/identification normally located?

Above the bridge deck under the companionway.

> When did they build them with a hull liner?

I'm not exactly sure, but it was sometime after 371,
which is a transition boat sharing some characteristics
with the old ones and some with the new.

> When did they build them with lead ballast instead of cast iron?

See the other discussion on ballast.  I hadn't been aware of any
lead-ballasted boats.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |