[Alberg30] Help-Big Problem

Fritz fritz at intra-dimension.com
Sun Apr 29 15:18:41 PDT 2001

Hi Tom,
That's not really a problem so much as a design factor it appears. :) All
the boats have/will have the same thing. It is simply a matter of adding
3/8 inch aluminum peices to both sides of the wooden brace after it has
been slowly lifted with a building jack. We still have the building jack
in place actually. :) We will be fitting the braces on this week
hopefully. Just about everyone in the Annapolis area has done this. If the
rest of the boat is in good shape, this is not an issue. I don't think
that should keep you from buying the boat. Best of luck.

Oh, here's the url of a bunch of pictures about it.

http://alberg30.org/maintenance/deckbeam/

-Fritz

#199 Backfin

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 SwiftLaw at aol.com wrote:

> I am in the process of completing my acquisition of hull #222.  Today I had
> the yard boss engineer on board. BIG PROBLEM -  the main bracing beam under
> the deck mount of the Main mast is indented downward, It appears as if the
> mast is trying to come through the deck. Not too much delamination, but, for
> illustration, the forward cabin door is about 3/4 inch from closing due to
> the depression of the beam.
>
> Any experience with this? Can I shore it up or should I not complete this
> purchase and give up on a boat I am already in love with ????
> Help-Advice-comments please.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom Swift- Chicago

 |       Shop SailNet for your Spring outfitting needs.      |