[Alberg30] Alberg 29??

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Fri Aug 24 14:36:28 PDT 2001

George Kendall of Collington Harbor, North Carolina (I think he is listed under
the Kitty Hawk or Nags Head North Carolina phone exchange) is an expert on
Alberg 29s and owns one, Liberty Calls.  I may have a couple of photos I can
scan on for you.

Scott Wallace

Ian MacIntosh wrote:

> Hello, I saw a boat listed for sale on www.yachtworld.com, it was described
> as an Alberg 29, made by NYE in ontario in 1983. At 29' 3" long and 8'3"
> wide, this description seems to match my boat, which measures in at
> 29'8"(perhaps shorter due to mesurement error) and 8'5" (wood to wood). The
> boat looked indistiguishable from an alberg 30 from the pictures. has anyone
> heard of this boat or its builder? do you think its description may be a
> mistake, and it is an alberg 30? Also, the molded indentation running along
> both sides of the hull seems to begin farther foreward on my boat than
> others I have seen, could this be an indication of something? It begins
> approximately 1' from the bow.
> Thanks, Ian
>
> PS, Stephen, I also saw some more pictures of 60s vintage albergs and I do
> not believe the cut-out in my boat was for icebox access.

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |