[Alberg30] Electronic ignition

T. Kevin Blanc tkevinblanc at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 09:48:43 PDT 2001

I believe there is one ignition system - Petronic? I'm
trying to remember from the Atomic 4 list - that
effectively only replaces the points with an optical
breaker. The rest of the breaker style ignition stays
in place. I think this is the one that Moyer sells.
There are some smart mechanics on that list that
really like that ignition - very little to go that
can't be replaced with spare parts on hand. No black
box like the Indigo system that I have, which has been
trouble free but I still keep looking at that box...
:0)

It might be the best of both worlds.

--- James Davis <a30240 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> If at all possible I would stay with the points.
> They can be changed, adjusted, whathave you under
> way.  Granted it isn't fun to change points over a
> hot engine with a sea running, but it can be done.
> I have done it.  I would if at all possible try to
> keep everything as simple as possible.  If an
> electronic ignition goes  -- AAA on the water gets
> expensive   fast.
> Jim Davis
> Isa Lei
> A30 240

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |