[Alberg30] Re: clevis / insurance

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 10:02:59 PDT 2001

In a message dated 8/22/01 12:14:26 PM, gewhite at crosslink.net writes:

>   Did I read that right? A sailboat pays MORE than a power boat??

No, the powerboat costs more.  A 1968 Chris Craft Commander 42, insured for
$35,000, costs $1,000 to insure, and the higher premium is due to the higher
liability risk that the insurer is underwriting.  The Commander goes faster
and does more damage when it hits something.

Sanders McNew
 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |