[Alberg30] alberg

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Sun Aug 26 07:11:04 PDT 2001

I am familiar with many, many of Carl Alberg's designs...a book, John Alden and
his Yacht Designs by Carrick and Henderson reveals that while Carl worked for
Alden and company he was responsible for many of Alden's best designs and most
popular boats.

It is my sense that Carl Alberg and Phillip L. Rhodes were two of North America's
finest designers, designers who were able to integrate art and engineering, quiite
a tricky task!

Scott Wallace

Marianne King-Wilson wrote:

> Did he ever have a dud?  Every one of his designs that I have seen was striking
> and beautiful, but have not seen them all.
>
> Marianne King-Wilson
> Windward #369
>
> George Dinwiddie wrote:
>
> > Carl Alberg's designs were all basically descended
> > from the traditional Swedish folkboat.

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |