[Alberg30] Storm Jibs

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Wed Aug 29 16:30:22 PDT 2001

Sails are essentially custom hand made. so you can get any sail you want,
in any configuration.

you didn't mention your primary goal for having a storm jib, but I can tell
you, it's a really small sail. Once upon a time when I was sailing my
Alberg offshore, I compromised and had a working jib made with reef points
along the bottom to serve as a storm jib. Never have used those points, but
the working jib, double reefed main combination is good for sailing in
tropical depressions (35 knots sustained). Good is a relative term, by the
way :)

Michael
Checkmate#220

 |     http://www.alberg30.org/store/Galison.html      |
 | Beautiful notecards of the sea, and other fine art. |